The AZYL shortfilm festival of Bratislava again calls for entries to the Advertising Life competition, which like last year will be hosted by BuSho festival for the second time. The goal of this call is to get 1 minute shorts from makers that is related to their slogen „reklama na život" roughly means advertising life. This year’s subject is: 20 years of freedom!? Armed with last years’ experience the major change is that the pieces will be judged in 3 countries (Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia) by separate juries then the 10 finalists will compete in the final in Bratislava. The winner’s reward again is €3000.-!
New feature is that from this year you can upload your short online as well and that we also accept entries that were not made by an individual but in the frame of „advertising LIFE” workshop which is most likely to be held on the last weekend of January. The main sponsor of the event in each country is the Open Society Institute, new partner is the International Visegrad Fund, whereas the Hungarian partners are Duna TV, Film.hu, Daazo, newly joined Origo, Funzine and also the Cultural Institute of the Hungarian Republic in Bratislava returned to the sponsor’s list, furthermore the entries that are registered in Hungary we forward them to BuSho Festival. We still aspire for your works to be shown as many forums as possible and after the final decision of the jury they could be seen on popular internet portals where the public can also value them.
Terms and conditions of an entry:
1. It should be no longer than 1 minute
2. Please read the entry form carefully and fill it out appropriately. Send it along by 15th of March 2010 (postal stamp as decisive) the latest with the work attached. Send it to: BuSho Film Festival, Gombolyag Alapítvány, 1141-Budapest, Szugló u. 83.
Or upload it to http://daazo.com/lifead website!
3. Technical parameters: 720x576 DV.PAL 48kHz 16bit stereo
4. All entries to be subtitled in English! (burnt in, not optional)
5. The genre of a movie can be freely chosen from: comedy, drama, action, musical, horror, thriller etc.
6. The category of a movie can be freely chosen from: fiction, animation, documentary, experimental etc.
7. It cannot contain of explicit language and offend any human rights.
8. It cannot contain of any musical part that is not free of copyrights. It is always the maker’s responsibility to assure that no copyright issue to be arisen.
9. A maximum of 3 entries per maker.
10. The works will be valued by a technical jury that’s members will be announced at a later date.
11. Prizes of the Budapest final: 1st: $1,000.- / 2nd: $600.- / 3rd: $400.-
12. Prizes of the international and main final: 1st: €3,000.- / 2nd: €1,000.- / 3rd: €500.-
The best 30 pieces according to the local jury’s voting will be shown in each country as follows:
After Prague and Bratislava, 20. March in Budapest!
The winners will be officially announced on the 31. March in Bratislava.
All the entries will be on screen at the 6th BuSho festival in Budapest in September.
THANKS FOR YOUR OPINION! REFLECT ON LIFE!